Thursday 27 November 2014

Teething Wahala. Mothers please your advise is needed.

My little one is cutting his teeth but it seems like he's going through a lot of wahala to get the teeth out. 

My regular playful, happy, jovial and independent baby who usually prefers to play on his own than to be carried now cries that I should carry him most times. He has become so clingy. The most painful part is when he wakes up suddenly at night and starts crying. He has also been sucking his fingers like no man's business, sometimes, putting the whole of his fist in his mouth.
 These things just makes me wonder how much pain he's going through and how I can help sooth his pain.

I keep remembering when I was growing my molars and how painful they were, could that be what he's going through? 

Experienced Mummies, is there anything that really works? How can I help this adorable little boy while he's going through this transition? 

Please leave your suggestions on the comment box and click on the 'share button' to share on your social media pages. 

XoXo 

4 comments:

  1. Eyaaaa....we have all gone through this wahala. You can try these home remedies, they should help. 1. Cold things. Ice can numb the pain, put that teething ring that he is holding in the fridge and give to him when it is very cold. U can also try freezing banana in a cloth or even a large carrot.
    2. Rub it with your clean finger
    3. Try teething power or bbonjela mouth gel.
    At the end, it is to wait for him to outgrow it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Omoye, I tried rubbing his gum oh, the little man did not even let me. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. fever and some pain are normal part of teething.The fever is a normal response to a slight reduction in the child immune system during this period. No need to panic just give simple paracetamol (if you need to give anything), maintain good hygiene,feed the child well and you are good to go.I also do not see any need looking for expensive brands of paracetamol and piriton syrup (e.g pican)when you can get each for far lesser price. I see no rationale behind the use of teething powder. As a father I didn't allow it for my child and we were very fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Ojo. It's so nice to see a Daddy here, giving advice on babies's welfare. It's obvious you have a perfect connection with your child. I will definitely be putting your advise into practice.

      Delete